Look Book: Classic Holiday Style

BCBG

When it comes to dressing for the Holidays I rely on a few classic looks, to pull off polished perfection. Using classic colours and cuts, and a few recent trends, dressing for the Holidays is always a pleasure, when you have the basics.

Holidays are a time to celebrate so it's no wonder we use silks and shine and bright reds to mark the occasion. The BCBG dresses above and below are two of my favorite holiday colours. Paired with some glittery jewels around the arm, like these, and you're Holiday Fabulous. Exposed Legs are a little tricky for me to pull off, since I am vertically challenged, but I could easily pull off similar tops like these, over satin pants in silver or champagne.

BCBG

BCBG

Ralph Lauren

Sometimes I just need to a quick fix. That is when I turn to black and grays, or this beautiful silver from Ralph Lauren. Always elegant, and sophisticated. I smooth out my hair, take some time on perfecting my make up, and wear my favorite jewels.

.. Burberry

The Burberry check is one of my favorites for the Holidays, whether it's a scarf, inside a coat, or enlarged on a skirt. The look above is warm, and perfect for a casual holiday gathering with friends. I could easily host a party in this outfit. Below, classic Black and White. This look never fails me, and it won't fail you either. But the trick is in the quality of the clothes. A Great fitting and well lined pair of pants , and sophisticated crisp white shirt that has a good weight to it.

Donna karan
..
Oscar De La Renta
,,
Ralph Lauren

..
So the truth is, I don't really like jeans. I stopped wearing them in my early 20's, but just picked them up again, after having children. I still prefer not to wear jeans, but I have to admit the comfort when I am running around with the little ones is unbeatable. The look above sums up my jean style, dark denim with a warm tan sweater. Perfect for a visit with the parents, and sitting by the fire or chasing the little ones.
.
Below the classiest lounge wear I have ever seen. I embarrassingly wear yoga pants around the house, and if the door bell rings, I may avoid answering it. Especially this time of year when neighbours are popping in, I need to step up my home outfit. I love this look. It's perfect for Holiday drop ins with neighbours and good friends.
..
Bruno Cuccinelli
..
I hope you are all enjoying this Wonderful Season!
..
All Photos from www.saksfifthavenue.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amazing and classic looks in holidays I also rely on a few , to pull off polished perfection. wearing accessories like mini skirt, jeans, bags, pant, shoes and all of most women uses accessories. Great post and suggestion to select the products. All of them are looking amazing!!!!

Post a Comment