The Tale of 5 Cabins


 
It's late and I have an army coming over to feast in just a few short hours.  But I wanted to share with you this amazing residence, that I have had stashed away in my files, waiting to make an appearance on the perfect fall day.   Well here it is!  This wonderful residence, located in the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee, took my breath away the second it graced the pages of Architectural Digest in June of June last year (2009).  Of course, none other than the fabulous Suzanne Kasler, is responsible for this upscale but easygoing interior. 


 The couple has an extensive collection of 18th and 19th century furnishings, that have been set to the backdrop of these brilliant reclaimed wood beam cabin style walls.  I typically am not drawn to anything to rustic, but I just adore the affect of the contrasting colours of the barn beams. The residence consists of a series of 5 homes, a main house and 4 smaller cottages reserved for guests, as they entertain often. 




 Above, the entrance to the main house and below, the smaller cabin affectionately known as Toad Hall.   If


Happy Thanksgiving to all My fellow Canadians!

Photos taken from Jeff Herr Photography, story from AD 

No comments:

Post a Comment