Lookback on 2009

A few years ago, my dearest friend Jenna gave me a very special gift for Christmas. It was a beautiful silk covered pocket journal that was hand delivered with a very important message. This little book, of which she had an identical, would be a place for me to write down my personal goals and desires each year. Anything and everything from more time with family and friends, career aspirations, running a marathon, or buying a new handbag could go in this little book. Along with the message, a promise from Jenna, that every year she would sit with me to make sure I penned something in my book, and that throughout the year we could encourage each other to stay on track. Well, I haven't accomplished all the goals I wanted to this year. Some things were up a little higher on the priority list, and others I realized weren't important at all. But there is one thing I am very proud of, and that is launching Verdigris Vie. I hope that you have enjoyed reading as much as I have enjoyed writing, researching and discovering.
..
Here is a look back on some of the highlights on Verdigris Vie this past year. A mix of posts that are some of my favorites, as well as some of yours. Here is to a warm farewell to 2009, and to wishing you peace, happiness and much success in 2010.

..
Natural Belgian Beauty. When House Beautiful featured Ina Garten's Country Home back in November 2008, I knew it would be one of my top posts.
.
Bringing Paris home This Paris Inspired California home made you weak in the knees. Designed by Betty Burgess, and featured in Veranda Magazine.
.
Red, White and New I absolutely loved the use of red in this summer home designed by Marshall Watson. In addition to the amazing colour was a great story about quality furnishings purchased years earlier, that were stripped and restained, and slipcovered and reupholstered.
.
Ocean Opulence This ocean front property designed by Sarah Richardson is a breath fresh air. Beautiful light, always great use of floral fabrics, and so balanced.
..
Wonderful Whites You definitely are a fan of whites, and when they are perfectly presented to you by Barbara Barry you love them even more! Me too, although I am not convinced I can live in them yet.

A Fine Group One of my very first introductions to art, the always inspiring Group of Seven
..
Inspiring Objects I could have titled this one circles and squares, because it was the most beautiful detail that repeated throughout this Manhattan townhouse designed by Steven Gambrel. Definitely one of my favorite posts for brilliant mix of modern and classic.

Barn Beams You guys love your barn conversions and exposed wood beams. This is a recent post that I received so much great feedback on, so I'll keep them coming in 2010.

..
That is a wrap up for 2009. Would love to know what some of your personal favorites are as well. Hope you are having a wonderful New Year's Eve, and I am certainly looking forward to some great design experiences in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment