A Touch of Gold to stay


Candace Barnes
.
I love that Gold is here to stay. For a while it was all silver, platinum, nickel, chrome. I was completely converted, and thought I would never have use for gold again, not in my home or my jewellery. I have to admit, things got a little boring, silver, platinum, stainless steel, nickel, chrome, to name a few of the variations of silver. Thankfully, gold made its comeback, and is being used more tastefully than ever, in frames and lighting and occasional seating or tables. More brilliant, is the delicate balance of mixing the two finishes to create quite the opulent look.
.
Thomas Pheasant
.
Phoebe Howard
.

House and Home
.
And then of course, the relaxed interiors. Creamy white walls, even crisp white walls, Slip- covered sofas, natural fabrics, bright sunlight, and the golden kiss; in a mirror, a sconce or picture frame. It adds incredible warmth and sophistication with the smallest detail. Below, Mariette Himes Gomez, (who is Brilliant and one of my faves) managed to make an antique breakfast nook, look modern, functional and refreshing.
.
Mariette Himes Gomez
.

No comments:

Post a Comment