A Fine Group

Bright Land - Arthur Lismer
.
Autumn in the Northland - Franklin Carmichael
.,
Cool Weather - AJ Casson
.
I have to Thank PVE for this post today. Yesterday, Patricia posted a few paintings of cypress trees by Arthur Hill Gilbert, and I was catapolted into an art class I took 100 years ago, highschool, and the first time I was introduced to this incredible group of artists. You have to follow PVE's blog, because I am telling you she is full of life and incredible creative energy, funny smart.. you get it.

Maple and Birches - AY Jackson
.
Stormy Weather on Georgian Bay - Fred Varley
.
When the first cool breeze blows in late August, I can hardly wait for fall to arrive. I can't even imagine living in a climate that doesn't take advantage of this beautiful season. It is a time of renewed spirt, incredible colours, and a blanket of warmth. The Group of Seven Artists, captured this spirit in every stroke of the brush. As a group of young contemporary artists in the 1920's, they set out to capture Canada's incredible landscape in a distinctive style. They are among Canada's elite, and are a symbol of our identity.
.
Berry Patch - Frank Johnston
>
Algoma Forest - JEH MacDonald
.
Golden October - Lawren Harris
>
Smoke Lake - Tom Thomson
.
This is my home. A place I love dearly, where I find peace and comfort in the familiar terrain. These beautiful images remind me of the serenity that I feel on a hike through a park or a drive through the country. Where fashion and Interiors are far from my mind, and the only Designer that matters is Mother Nature.
.

Autumn Foliage - Tom Thomson

Images from Group of Seven Art.com

No comments:

Post a Comment