House Beautiful Colour Personality

When Maria Killam of the fabulous Blog, Colour me Happy tagged me to participate in the House Beautiful: What is you Colour Personality quiz, I couldn't resist. If you haven't read Maria's Blog, you should definitely start. Maria will give you incredible insight and confidence into colour, design and styling. This was a really good exercise for me, especially since a new season is upon us, and I am looking to explore new colours. I encourage you to give it a go as well.

1. What's the first color you see in the morning? I am not sure of the exact shade but this is very close. It's a beautiful warm gray! .


Behr

.
2. What color are your eyes? Brown Hair, Brown Eyes

- I love this beautiful picture – although while looking closer in daylight – her eyes may be some other colour.. but you get it ..:-)

Vogue Paris

(via a glamorous little side project)

3. What color do you wear the most? A lot of blue, especially this blue, cerulean – it's like deep ocean waters..


Monique L'Hullier
.

14. What color do you never wear? Lemon yellow – something terrible happens when this colour gets to close to my skin.


Kerry Harrison Photography
.

5. What color do you wear when you want to feel sexy? Definitely whites – I think because it' s simple and pure, and natural. That is my idea of sexy. I love to add a little dark or bold colour contrast! .



Ralph Lauren


6. What color gets you the most compliments? Red, it's very dramatic, so not too often for me …but it is a beautiful colour!


Valentino, Of Course

7. What color is your lipstick? Nude Bobbi Brown – I am all about very natural make up – Although, I have been known to really play around with different looks for a night out.


8. What color was your living room when you were growing up? It was the calmest room in our house, creamy white walls, gray carpet and a sofa that was white and blue velvet floral. It was actually quite lovely.



9. What color was your bedroom when you were growing up? It was a beautiful shade of green. Who am I kidding, it was the 70's, not much was beautiful them, but I loved it. Here it's done beautifully as wallpaper and complimented with white, but I had a huge brown bed..and I can't even remember the other furnishings..:-) .



10. What color are your sheets? Creamy whites. Don't mess around with my sheets, beautiful clean cream sheets always make me feel rested. I like hug pillows so I mix up with some natural grays and taupe.



Restoration Hardware


11. What color was your favorite crayon as a child? Green any and all shades – I would spend hours colouring green grass, and big beautiful trees, and houses and flowers.. and... and...and…


Flickr

12. What color is your car? Green tea - silly really. How will you ever know how good you look in your car, unless you are lucky enough to drive by a huge Mirror!! Ain't she a beauty.



Honda CRV


13. What color was your prom dress? Much like my wedding dress. Cream. My mother made it for me it was a mini skirt, with a cream bustier, and a lace bolero jacket. No pics, not in a million years! And this was the wedding dress, of course I had it made, but it was equally beautiful.




Monique L'Huillier


14. What's your favorite gemstone? The Emerald !


My Jewellery Box ! (just kidding, somewhere on web)


15. What is your favourite flower? Ohhh – it's a toss up - sometimes hydrangea – sometimes the peony.


Sophie Dahy Designs

16. What color makes you happiest? At this point – I am sure you can guess. Green, Verdigris to be exact!


Veranda Magazine

17. What color depresses you? Black – I know I know – people love black and it's drama – the dress, the suit, b & w photos, and so on... For me it's easy, and it's safe. And when I don't have the time or the desire to put that 110% into a look, that is depressing.


Somewhere on web, sorry

18. What color calms you? Oh definitely cool blue !


Tobi Fairley

19. What color makes you grind your teeth? I actually embrace all colours, but I will see my least favorite is eggplant – that deep purple, that could almost be brown… It never impresses me. Although, this is pretty cool, i could never.




Living Etc



20. What color would you like to try, but are scared to? I love lilac – it's soothing and definitely relaxing, and feminine. Probably where the fear comes in, i wouldn't want it to look to girly or childlike.

Please let me know (in comments) if you decide to post the colour quiz on your blog. I would love to read it!.. Hey?? So what is my Colour Personality ? I'll find out and update.

No comments:

Post a Comment