Peaceful and Pretty

.
.
.

.
.

Architectural Digest Mar 2003, William Hodgins
.
I have been dreaming of an escape like this one for quite some time now. Quiet and Quaint, a place to enjoy freely all my favorite things. Reading, Writing, Cooking, Sleeping in the sun.. my mind feels rested just looking over these images. Maybe it's the feminine touches that are so inviting, the scalloped edges, the white flowers, that beautiful pink floral bedspread. Or is it the soft blue palette that feels cool and calm that is calling me to rest. Interior Designer William Hodgins restored this bright space to, what it may have looked like back in 1916. Beautifully detailed crown mouldings and trim, and a dark stained floors to contrast all the softness. Modern touches include floor to ceiling French doors and windows, perfect for letting in light and a gorgeous view of the river. Filled with fine art & collectables, this 100 year old property has finally found the owner it deserves. I just wish I knew her.

No comments:

Post a Comment